LivestockCity is a new online platform that connects shoppers with national family-run farms, meaning, farmers are able to sell nationally (federal and state rules and regulations apply). It is a great way for farmers to sell their products directly to consumers, without having to go through a middleman. An ever increasing amount of consumers want to know where their food is coming from. With media talk of terms like “pink slime” in hamburger meat, added hormones and over use of antibiotics in some animals, it is not surprising that consumers feel this way. Our marketplace provides consumers another option of shopping from options available directly from farms themselves. As the marketplace grows, there could be hundreds of additional options made available to consumers, where it is “farm-to-table” and delivered to your door. The marketplace is open to food producers (current options include beef, chicken, pork, lamb, goat, and dairy) but also non-food items such as wool, yarn, and clothing products. As always, LivestockCity’s goal is to help farmers by either saving time or increasing revenue.
Here are some of the benefits of opening a farm store on LivestockCity:
- Reach more customers. Over time LivestockCity will have a growing audience of shoppers who are looking for fresh, high-quality food from quality food producing farms.
- Increase your profits. When you sell your products directly to consumers, you can keep more of the profits.
- Build relationships with customers. LivestockCity makes it easy for farmers to connect with their customers and build relationships with them.
- Get support from LivestockCity. LivestockCity provides farmers with a variety of support services, such as free marketing services.
If you are a farmer who is looking for a way to increase your sales and profits, then LivestockCity is a great option. Signing up to open a farm store on LivestockCity is free and easy. In a separate post we will go into more detail about setting up a store, but there is a brief description below.
Here are some additional benefits of opening a farm store on LivestockCity:
- Control over your branding and pricing. When you sell your products on LivestockCity, you have complete control over your branding and pricing. This means that you can set your own prices and create a unique brand for your farm.
- Ability to sell a variety of products. LivestockCity allows farmers to sell a wide variety of products, including meat, dairy, and other goods. This gives farmers the flexibility to sell the products that they are best at producing.
- Convenience for customers. LivestockCity makes it easy for customers to find and purchase fresh, high-quality food from local and national farms. Customers can simply create an account on LivestockCity and start shopping.
How to open a farm store on LivestockCity
To open a farm store on LivestockCity, you will need to create an account and provide some basic information about your farm. You will also need to upload photos of your farm and products. Once your account has been approved, you can start listing your products for sale.
LivestockCity provides farmers with a variety of tools to help them manage their farm stores. These tools include:
- A page for your farm store, which showcases all the products you are selling and a farm store description.
- A page for your farm profile. This page includes links to your farm store page
- Sellers need to have a Stripe account to sell and be paid. Stripe offers superior security and anti-fraud protection, and it is free to acquire an account.
- Most disputes between buyers and sellers can be settled without LivestockCity’s intervention, but in some cases, can help with settling disputes.
Here are some tips for success on LivestockCity:
- Create high-quality product listings. Your product listings should include clear and concise descriptions of your products, as well as high-quality photos.
- Offer competitive prices. Be sure to research the prices of similar products before setting your own prices.
- Provide excellent customer service. Respond to customer inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Promote your farm store. Let people know about your farm store by sharing it on social media and telling your friends and family. LivestockCity will also be promoting and sharing the marketplace.
LivestockCity is a great way for farmers to sell their products directly to consumers. It is a convenient and easy way to reach more customers and increase your profits. If you are a farmer who is looking for a new way to sell your products, then LivestockCity is a great option.
To begin the process of opening your farm store, you sign up for a free account a Livestockcity or if you already have an account login and go to the farm stores page and look for the green button to create a store. You can start selling today!